Thursday, July 23, 2009

promise


I made a deal with Russell this weekend. A deal I wish someone had made with me. The deal is: if Russell stops biting his nails and actually needs them trimmed with clippers for 6 months straight, I promise to give him $100. Russell is 15. $100 is a lot of money. Especailly if you are 15. I used to bite my nails. I stopped around my 15 birthday. Nobody gave me $100. I don't even know how I stopped. It was a habit. Often you need to replace one habit with another. But, I did it. I grew my nails long. I thought they were pretty. I have re-thought that. Long nails have no appeal to me now. None at all. Mine are short now. And unpolished. Between dishes and painting, lacing handbags and typing, my fingernails are a little less than ideal. My toes on the other hand...or foot, as the case may be, are painted in the summer. I found, what is to me, the perfect color. I love this color so much I've bought a second bottle. My friend and hairdresser hates it. Hates it. How do I know? She told me. I would expect nothing less. We argued about it. The color I mean. I guess the argument ended as we agreed to disagree. Color is subjective. What makes me swoon, might not make you swoon. And that's alright. Pick a color you love. Pick a color that makes you smile. Pick a color that is ALL you. It will be perfect. I promise.

7 comments:

PJ said...

Isn't it just pink? What's not to like?

deborah said...

It is a very natural pink on my toes. A pale, pinky-mauvey.

Alison said...

I'm with you on the short nails, although the more that I want them to be short, the more they seem to grow. What color is that, exactly, since I"m sure it's the color I've been looking for all my life. And does it really last 10 days?

deborah said...

On my toes it lasts a really long time. It is called "infinite natural". Though, an eternity of natural made from unnatural chemicals....might just be too much. It's lovely though...according to me.

PJ said...

Let's all paint our toes "infinite natural" and go get a haircut in sandals.

deborah said...

I love that she had just as strong an opinion on this color as I did. Just not the same opinion! Choose what you LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Ha! I bought that color and have it, but being as pale as I am-it looks like I have been recently embalmed:) Love your blog:) I finally have time to check it out!!